Step 3: Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
Third Step Prayer
God, I offer myself to Thee – to build with me and do with as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy power, Thy love, and Thy way of life. May I do Thy will always. (Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 63)
Higher Power, I give this day to you.
Establish the work of my hands,
the steps of my feet,
the words of my mouth,
the direction of my gaze,
the thoughts of my mind,
and the attitude of my heart.
Copyright © 2004 Sexaholics Anonymous, Inc.
- How it Works: 60 – 63
- Flooded With Feeling: 369 – 374
- A Vision of Recovery: 494 – 500
The White Book
- Surrender – Steps One, Two, and Three: 79 – 81
- Step Three: 93 – 96
- From Chapter Five of Alcoholics Anonymous: 206 – 207
Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions
- Step Three: 34 – 41
Step Into Action One, Two, Three
- Step Three: 73 – 76
- Members of SA Share: 77 – 81
- Some Questions to Consider: 82
- Step Into Action Step Three: 83 – 85
The Best of Essay, Practical Recovery Tools 1994 – 2003
- Why Work the Twelve Steps: 23
- Step Three: 34 – 35
- Working the First Three Steps: 36 – 39
90 Days of Meditation
- Accepting Reality: 9
- Power vs Powerlessness: 17
- My Work, God’s Way: 26
- Useful Teachers: 65
- A Different Me: 76
- Another Look at the Misconnection: 35 – 37
Long to be happy and free? Click to find a meeting!