- We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness.
- We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it.
- We will comprehend the word serenity.
- We will know peace.
- No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others.
- That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear.
- We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows.
- Self-seeking will slip away.
- Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change.
- Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us.
- We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us.
- We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.
Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fullfilled among us – sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them.Long to be happy and free? Click to find a meeting!
Copyright © A.A. World Services, Inc. (Reprinted with permission of the A.A. Grapevine, Inc.)
Excerpted from Alcoholics Anonymous, page 83-84.